The Purple Playbook - Quiet book for babies
Suitable for babies through to toddlers, every page is full of exciting hands-on play and interaction. These books are designed for children to learn and practice spatial concepts, hand-eye coordination and manipulation as well as vocabulary enrichment. Young learners will return to them time and again as they play and learn!
A valuable way to engage the young in independent play; a much richer resource when shared with an older person or adult.
The book can be personalised with a name on the cover upon request. Please drop the name into the Special Instruction box when you check out!
Details of activities
- Beads: count the beads, count colored/shape beads. Use cardinal (1,2,3 …) and ordinal number sequences (1st, 2nd, 3rd …). Addition and subtraction e.g. how many beads altogether in the purple columns? Grey columns?
- Mountains pages: attach press studs for coordination. Change colors and patterns. Awareness of different tactile sensations. Talk about sizes, activities on mountains, volcanoes…
- Shapes: identify shapes by shape, color, feel (use visual and non-visual clues); match shapes with page outlines, find other items at home with similar shapes or colors…
- Ice cream: Add or remove scoops of ice-cream, change the color order. Talk about taste, favorite flavors, ice-cream experiences. Make the same in the kitchen!
- Pencil case: What can you keep in your pencil case?
- Window: Practice fine motor coordination as you pull back the curtains, make bows. Look at the window and compare scenes from inside and outside your bedroom window… Close the curtains to go to sleep…
- Bed page: Put the baby to sleep. Concepts of in/out, under/on top of bed covers. Use the baby to interact with each page.
About the creators:
Bright Solutions is a Vietnam-based Australian NGO whose mission is to assist marginalized women in finding jobs and having stable income. The women acquire sewing and handcraft skills and, which open their doors to experience formal work structures and to access an international market where their craftsmanship has value. All products sold empower our women towards financial stability and independence.