My First Playbook (aka My Travel Playbook) - Quiet book
Age: 2 year +
Size: 21 x 21cm (8.5 x 8.5 inches).
Number of pages: 9 (+ 1 cover page)
Material: Synthetic felt, with zippers, buttons, laces, buckles, snaps...
An ideal gift for a toddler (aged 1.5+), with simple activities and mini games on each page to develop fine motor skills and boost imagination.
SKILLS BUILDING AND WORLD EXPLORATION
Nine pages in the book help your kids to:
• Explore different textures
• Practice fine motor skills
• Gain confidence in everyday life skills: pulling a zipper, snapping a button, buckling up their high chair seatbelt, etc.
• Get acquainted with new concepts: shapes, colors, numbers, counting, cause and effects…
• Expand their vocabulary
• Explore the world around them
• Boost imagination and creativity with fun pretend-play activities
DESIGNED WITH SPECIAL NEED CHILDREN IN MIND:
I developed this book after consulting a physiotherapist in Hong Kong who works with special need children to improve their fine motor skills. At her recommendation, I've included:
• Tactile details to appeal to the sense of touch
• Vibrant colors for those who are visually oriented
• Thicker layers for the objects to make it easier to for kids to grip, pull, stick... and instantly feel a sense of accomplishment
• Some repetitive movements that can be soothing and therapeutic to kids on the autistic spectrum.
This quiet book is therefore suitable for both young children (aged 1.5-3) as well as older children who are still mastering these skills!
TRAVEL FRIENDLY - PERFECT FOR YOUR NEXT OUTING
The book is designed to be very travel-friendly, with ALL details secured to the pages - nothing falls off or gets lost!
You can choose to personalise the book cover at no additional charge.